Friday, February 26, 2010

Walking Challenge


Some of you have heard me tell my story of working through a 2 YEAR(!) plateau, but for those who haven't I'll share it with you.

For two years I gained and lost the same 5 or 6 lbs. I went to 4 different doctors, had numerous tests, tried many different things. None of them helped! I persevered. Finally, I bought a BodyBugg. You might have seen it on my arm. It's a device that tells me how many calories I am burning all of the time. So, after years of watching my calories and charting how many calories I was burning with my workouts, I realized that I didn't burn as many as I thought! The program I charted with told me I burned 150 calories for an hour of Yoga, when I really burn 85! Multiply that by 10 (the amount of Yoga/Pilates classes I teach a week) and x = plateau!

The BodyBugg showed me that I didn't need to workout more, I just needed to move more. That's when I decided to walk during commercials. I walk during the commercials of my favorite shows. No more channel surfing, now I'm calorie burning! So, this week I am challenging you to pick your favorite program and when you see the car/drug/fast food ads popping up, get up and walk it off!

BTW, I liked my BodyBugg so much that I bought a second one that I "rent" to clients. They wear it for four days and then I analyze the info. They walk away knowing how many calories they burn and how many they need to eat in order to lose/gain/ or maintain their weight. If you are interested in having your own analysis, email or call me.

Eat Intentionally and WALK,

Cindy

No comments: