Sunday, August 1, 2010

A New Habit!


Hi Fit Friends,

Well, you may have noticed, it's not Friday! I decided to write this week's blog on Aug. 1st in order to have a good start date. I would like to encourage everyone to start their new healthy habit today. Remember a few weeks ago we learned how to create a new habit (if you don't remember, look into the previous posts)? Well, it's time to put those new skills to use.

What do you want to achieve? What new habit do you need to create? Are you wanting to exercise more? Stop smoking? Drink more water? Whatever it is, let's do it for 31 days, or 4 weeks, or 1 month, however you want to look at it. Can you dedicate 31days to creating a new change? How badly do you want to change?

You might wonder what new habit I will be creating. I have decided to eat vegan for 31 days. I want to see the effect it will have on my cholesterol levels, health, energy, weight loss, etc. I had my cholesterol, blood sugar, thyroid, etc., checked last week so I will have a basis from which to start. I hadn't had my numbers run in awhile and I was excited to get the results. They were awesome and I know it is because of eating vegetarian and walking my tush off. However, I want to see if they can be even better. I'll keep you posted.

You might wonder what difference it will make going from vegetarian to vegan. Well, I am Cindy and I am addicted to cheese. I love cheese and it is HIGH in fat. I am working on lowering my percentage of body fat, so the cheese has to go. I also don't like the use of animal rennet in cheese. Animal rennet is extracted from the fourth stomach of a young calf and usually used to make European cheeses, Parmesan, Gorgonzola, etc. You can find animal rennet free cheese, (I've been eating that for a long time), but I want to eliminate fat, so cheese has to go.

So, let's get started on our new habits. Keep me posted. Let me know what new habit you are creating and how it is going. We'll all have a story to tell by the end of August and hopefully, a new healthy habit.

Eat Intentionally and create a new habit,

Cindy

No comments: