Thursday, April 21, 2011

Still A Sugar Lover




Hi Fit Friends,

Wow! This week was hard! I didn't realize how addicted to sugar I was/am! I started off shoving chocolate in my face in preparation of my dietary restrictions. I practically made myself sick and I realized that's just what people do when they are planning on starting a diet. I've done it before; ate a ton of food knowing that I wouldn't be able to eat, or better yet, overeat for x number of days.

The first 24 hours were rough. I was constantly thinking about sugar, candy, chocolate, desserts, etc. I was trying to justify having some - "I'll only eat a bite", "it's not really off limits because it's healthy dessert", "it's only 100 calories", on and on and on.

By day 2 I had a revelation - I decided to choose to not eat sugar. Now you might wonder what's the difference between skipping the sugar and choosing to not eat it. It's all in your mind. Once I made the decision that I could eat sugar, but I was choosing to not eat it, it set me free. I was free to eat sugar at anytime, I just didn't want to at that time. Now, I'm not saying I didn't struggle and have to talk to myself, but it was a lot easier once I freed my mind.

How did you do? Did you give up any addiction? Fill us in.

Have a happy Easter and if you decide to - eat some Easter candy.

Just be sure to

Eat Intentionally,

Cindy


3 comments:

S said...

FAIL! It was Tuesday when I realized I had committed:( Seriously have issues over here. OK so I just got the AMEN solutions book. He calls that voice. ANT's (automatic negative thoughts). I personally think it is my middle name but that would be yet another ANT lol. Congrats on your success. You always inspire me:)

S said...

Dear Cindy. I miss you. Where are you! I shall call soon!

sweeptakes said...

Enter Price is Right Giveaway Contest or Price is Right Cyber Monday Deal of The Day Contest at Priceisright.com page and you could win one of the big prize.