Thursday, August 26, 2010


Hi Fit Friends,

I hear it all the time, "I don't have time to workout," "I don't have time to cook," "It's too expensive to eat healthy," "I've got a lot of personal things going on right now," "I have (fill in the blank) and I can't work out."

When are we going to stop the excuses? When are we going to get serious about our health? When we are forced to- like me, flat on my back? When we receive a bad doctor's report? What is it going to take?

It doesn't have to be as hard as we make it. Throw a few veggies in your lunch box. Take a walk with your family. Eat an apple. Go meat free one day a week. Slow down and meditate (think about) how great your life is.

Here's a challenge for you this week: eat at least one more vegetable a day than you already do (and I don't mean the reconstituted onions on a cheeseburger) and take a walk. See if it's hard to do. See if you feel better.

Most of us complain that we don't have the time, but someone is watching America's Got Talent or NCIS! At least walk inside your house during the commercials! We all have the same amount of time in a day, we just spend it differently.

Eat Intentionally and spend wisely,

Cindy

2 comments:

S said...

You better quit talking about me like I am not here. What about "I am still trying to find my all time highest weight before a back or knee blows out?" Have you heard that one before??? Thanks for the words. You are awesome!

Functional Fitness said...

Thanks for the comments and you better not blow a back or knee - you have to walk with the Thomas Trekkers!