Friday, January 7, 2011

Back On Track

Well, I along with some of you (I assume) have gained weight over Christmas. Dang it! Why do I make cinnamon rolls? Oh well, time to get back on track. If I have learned anything about weight loss, it's that it is a rollercoaster ride. I can't always be on the downhill slope, there is an uphill after it, but I know the ride always ends level. There is no point in wasting time beating myself up. The quicker I get back on track, the easier it will be.

I found a new recipe to help me stay on track. I'm going to try it next week:


Mock Tuna Salad

Yield 4 servings

Ingredients

1 (19 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and mashed
2 tablespoons mayonnaise (I use veganaise)
2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
2 green onions, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
1.In a medium bowl, combine garbanzo beans, mayonnaise, mustard, relish, chopped green onions, salt and pepper. Mix well.

Nutritional Information
Amount Per Serving Calories: 220 | Total Fat: 7.2g (based on mayo)

Eat Intentionally and get back on track,

Cindy

1 comment:

S said...

Yum! That really looks good:)